Life in Fondwa

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Funny, but wrong

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I recently gave a test to my 7th and 9th grade English classes. Most of the kids passed, either because of my superior teaching skills or because I just didn’t have the heart to fail them. Here are some of my favorite responses:

When is your brother’s birthday?

- My brother’s birthday is the 12th in 1890

Translate the following question: Ki jan ou santi ko ou? (The answer is ‘How is your heath?)

- Where is your body?

What do you think about deforestation?

- It makes me happy

What should people wear during the summer in Haiti?

- An umbrella

I have finished teaching in the school, because next week I will begin visiting UNIF students where they are doing internships. I’m happy because I get to see most of the country, but my students were a bit upset: “you make me cry!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home